Harris Park, Cockermouth. Harris Park is found off Fern Bank.
Named after one of Cockermouth's most important employers, Joseph Harris, the park was donated to Cockermouth in 1895 by his widow.
The Harris brothers (Johnathan and William) started their Flax Mill in Cockermouth around 1800. Their fledgling business prospered and
soon they were able to expand with the purchase of new premises. Joseph, son of Johnathan, began in the family business in the 1840's.
Back to the Gallery | Cockermouth