The Citadel in spring. Built on the site of the west gate in the City Walls in 1810.
The previous buildings were of 1542 and designed by Stefan von Hashenperg,
who also designed the Gun battery defending the inner gatehouse in Carlisle Castle.
See the Carlisle Castle gallery for pictures of the battery.
See bigger picture | Back to thumbnails