Hammond's Pond in Upperby Park. Found off the Durdar Road on the way to Carlisle Race Course.
Opened in 1923 it uses the old clay pits for the pond and islands. Named after Archie Hammond,
a local business man, who had the idea of transforming the old brick works for use as a leisure park.
Restored in the 1990's it has playgrounds, paths, ponds, islands and a miniature railway.
See medium picture | Back to thumbnails